General enquiries and information about Graduate Studies in Biology
Joanne Surette, Graduate Studies Assistant
Department of Biology
ON K7L 3N6
Phone: 613 533-6138
Fax: 613 533-6617
ASSISTANCE with your program
For advice on graduate courses, research progress, funding, or personnel issues, please contact the Graduate Coordinator or the Associate Coordinator. Either one of these people will help you in complete confidence.
COUNSELING SERVICES FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
You should not hesitate to contact the Campus Grad Counsellor for confidential and professional assistance (see below). You can also contact the Grad Chair for confidential advice. In addition, a list of safety contact information can be found here: /default/assets/File/Graduate/Safety%20contact%20info%20for%20students.pdf
There are a number of resources to help students who are coping with stress, harassment, or other challenges or safety issues you may be facing:
1. Here is a list of safety contact information: Safety contacts and “Steps to Follow After a Sexual Assault”.
2. Here is a link to Queen's Policy of Sexual Violence. This document includes important definitions, advice and contact information; please read it.
3. SGPS (School of Graduate and Professional Students) has student advisors available via email at email@example.comPhone: 613 533 3169. See also their website at http://www.sgps.ca/services/advisors.html
4. SGS Embedded Counsellors: Dave Neary and Anja Troje http://www.queensu.ca/sgs/sgs-counsellor To book a counselling appointment, call 613 533 2136 (32136). This is a dedicated phone line and has confidential voicemail.
5. There are also a variety of specialized support services available on campus: http://www.queensu.ca/studentaffairs/student-safety/personal-safety/abuse-and-sexual-harassment