Room and Proctor Request for Within-term Accommodations
To help reduce the administrative burden of student academic accommodations for instructors, the Biology department will book rooms and proctors for within-term accommodations for you.
Some important points:
- This request is to be made only by Biology instructors and is only to support the administration of within-term assessments for students that have formal academic accommodation through the Queen’s Student Accessibility Services.
- Instructors for each course will still coordinate the letters of academic accommodation as before.
- The department will take care of booking the rooms according to the accommodation needs, scheduling and paying the proctor(s), and coordinating a meeting time for you to meet with the proctor(s).
- Proctors have experience running final exams, but they are not TAs and won’t have a background in Biology. They are people recommended by the Exam Office and we are requested to treat them in a professional manner so that they are happy to continue working for us.
- Ideal timing for this request is between 2-4 weeks ahead of the test. It takes about a week to pull all the resources together, so requests with less than a week notice may not be possible to accommodate.
Please fill out all of the information requested below. The form will be sent to the Head’s administrative assistant.
Room and Proctor Request for Within-term Accommodations Form