FORMS & INFO
In 2019/20 there are about 90 graduate students registered in the Department of Biology, 50 in the MSc program and 40 in the PhD program. Every professor in the department supervises graduate students.
The forms available on this page are in pdf or doc format. Some of the pdf forms can be filled in using Acrobat, Acrobat Reader or Apple Preview, etc. Or you can print out the form and fill it in by hand, if you prefer. If you use Acrobat Reader to fill in a form you will be able to print it but not save it. You can only save filled in forms using Acrobat Pro or Preview.
Selecting the name of a form will either open it in your browser or download it to your hard drive.
- Queen's RMC Visiting Graduate Student application
- 2020 Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Supervision
- School of Graduate Studies forms
- 2020-21 Internal Funding application: Deadline: April 15, 2021
- Graduate Dean's Travel Grant for Doctoral Field Research - January 25, 2021
- Financial and Supervisory Statement form
- Supervisory Committee Meeting form
- Time Limit Extension Request form
- Graduate Research Fellowship (GRF) Learning Plan form
- Conference Travel Application and Claim Forms
INFORMATION FOR THESIS DEFENCES
Thesis Defence forms
- MSc Oral Thesis Examination form
- PhD Oral Thesis Examination form
- PhD Application for Approval of External Examiner form
- PhD Thesis Proposal Defence (Qualifying Exam) form
- Degree Completion Information etc.
- Combined BScH/MSc (Biology) information for undergraduates
- SGS Embedded Counsellor - Access Counselling Services at Queen's
- Minimum Financial Support for 2020-21
- Guide to Graduate Supervision: a PDF from the grad school
- Biology Guide to Thesis Writing: This is a very useful document
- Thesis defences: general format and some tips
- Transferring from MSc to PhD — Pros and Cons
- Thesis Submission Checklists [for MSc] [for PhD]
- Biology Thesis Submission Guidelines: some suggestions to save paper, etc.
- MSc Degree Level Expectations
- PhD Degree Level Expectations
- PhD Program Milestones